Month: May 2014
The moderators for this chat will be Lisa Hughes (@lisahughes196) and Paul Solarz (@PaulSolarz)
Q1 How do you use portfolios to support writers in the classroom? #TeachWriting
Q2 What types of portfolios have you used? What challenges/successes have you had in the process? #TeachWriting
Q3 What writing assignments & tasks work best for portfolios? Is writing collected across the curriculum? #TeachWriting
Q4 How have you incorporated digital tools into the portfolio process? #TeachWriting
Q5 How do you assess/grade writing portfolios? Do you assign grades/provide feedback? If so, how? #TeachWriting
Q6 How do you foster Ss collaboration and self-reflection through the portfolio process? #TeachWriting
Q7 What other strategies/ tools/resources do you use to enhance the portfolio process? #TeachWriting
Please join us!
The moderators for this chat will be Beth Holland (@brholland) and Shawn McCusker (@shawnmccusker) – here is a ROUGH draft of the questions (that means they might change – a lot!):
- How do you currently define your writing process?
- What tools have you used to focus your students more on the process of writing?
- What tools have you used as a teacher observe and comment on the process of writing?
- What are are some effective procedures to increase teacher and peer feedback in the writing process?
- How does teaching/observing the process of writing enrich student learning?
- What are the limits of grading only the finished product?
Please join us to discuss these questions tomorrow night! (5/6 at 9pm ET/8pm CT!)